Monday, May 17, 2010

Yeison Alexis

It took me way to long to snap this picture.  He kept shying away in fear or embarrasment.  But I'm glad I did.  Here we have a 15 yr old with a spirit that's alive.  He brings a smile to anyones face as they spend just a few moments with him.  Yet, through the laughs and smiles he holds a sense of sorrow in his eyes, which so prevelantly showed itself as he stared out the window on the ride up to the farm.  He had just recounted his story of neglect from his mother, father and family.

"I don't want him," explaimed his mother shortly after his eighth birthday.  How much pain he carries with the knowledge that his own mother does not desire him.  How much hurt and neglect he must fear as he interacts with others.  And yet, his hesitant smile through his past neglect still begs the question to those he shows it to, "Will you commit to loving me, or are you going to neglect me too?"

No comments:

Post a Comment